Exact / Recess Blind Measuring Guide
Measuring your windows to decide which size of blind to order is easy. Just follow these simple steps. Please use a metal tape measure to take measurements. You can convert inches to mm on the pages where you choose your blind.
Used when the blind is to be fitted inside the window recess.
• Take 3 measurements for the width of the window recess as shown in the picture from wall to wall.
• Take the smallest of these measurements. This is the recess width. When measuring look out for things like window handles or tiles and take their position into account this way you will be sure of a perfect fit.
• Take 3 measurements for the drop of the window recess (heads to sill) as shown in the picture.
• Take the smallest of these measurements. This is the recess drop.
• We will make the necessary deductions of 12mm for the fittings & brackets to ensure the blind operates perfectly within the window recess.
Exact Blind Measurement
Used when the blind is to be fitted outside the window recess.
Exact Blind Width (also known as pin width or finished blind width)
• Decide how much you wish to overlap the recess at each side. We
recommend at least 75mm or 3 inches each side to avoid gaps of light.
• Take the overall width measurement including the overlap. This is the Exact Blind Width.
• Note: This width includes the operating mechanism of the blind and is not the width of the cloth. See diagram C below.
Exact Blind Drop
• Decide how much you wish to overlap the recess at the top &
bottom. We recommend at least 75mm or 3 inches at the top if the blind
is required to roll up fully above the window recess.
• Take the overall drop measurement including the overlap. This is the Exact Blind Drop.
Used when the width of the cloth on the roller blind is important.
• Measure the width the blind cloth is required to be.
• Note: The full width of the blind will be wider than the cloth width. See diagram C below. We only need the cloth size.
• Take the overall drop. This is the same as the Exact Blind Drop.